How to Prepare for SSC CGL-2019-20
Brief Description about the SSC CGL
Staff Selection Commission – conducted various posts in ministries, departments and organisations of the Government of India. It has a four-tier system, Tier I and tier II are computer-based, and tier III and IV.
The entire process will be online through the official website of SSC CGL. candidates must qualify in each stage for being finally selected for the post.
How to Prepare for SSC CGL-2019-20
SSC CGL Preparation | Selection Process
According to the Selection procedure you have go through 4 phrases of exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission
- Tier – I- Computer Bases Written Exam in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) format.
- Tier – II – Computer Bases Written Exam in MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) format.
- Tier – III – Written examination (Descriptive test/ Essay writing)
- Tier – IV – Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)/ Data Entry Test wherever applicable and document verification.
The final selection is based on the overall performance of a candidate in the previous 4 stages.
Lets Discuss about the Preparation of All Subject for SSC CGL
How to Prepare English for SSC CGL
The English language is the easiest among all the sections. This section carry’s 25 Marks in Tier-1, and 200 Marks in Tier 2 exam. Lets discuss about some important factors about “How to prepare English for SSC CGL”.
- Those candidates who are interested in SSC CGL exam they must be read newspaper daily in english language. It helps students for improve their knowledge and your vocabulary & reading spped will also improve. They should read daily current affairs and news.
- The SSC CGL English section will based on vocabulary, grammar and reading comprehension.
- Error spotting, phrase replacement, activie and passive voice, direct and Indirect speech topic. These are the topic you have to face in SSc CGL English exam.
- You should use English to English dictionary while preparation for SSC CGL English. It will improve your vocabulary & comprehension parts and the reading skill.
- Practice previous years question paper or a model test paper for improvement of your skills.
SSC CGL Preparation | General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Intelligence and Reasoning section consist of 25 questions in tier I exam.
The topic like the analogy, the odd man out, Venn diagram are mostly covered in the frequently asked section.
let’s have a look on the previous year’s question paper before starting the study plan.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Difficulty level|
|Science||7 to 8||Easy-Moderate|
|Polity||5 to 6||Difficult|
|History||5 to 6||Moderate|
|Current Affairs||3 to 4||Moderate|
Let’s divide the topic based on the subject which may be appeared in the SSC CGL Exam.
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject Science Below are the sub-topic
- Discoveries & Inventions
- Other Information
- Space, Defence in India
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject Polity: Below are the sub-topic
- Indian Polity & Constitution
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject History: Below are the sub-topic
- History of India
- World History
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject Current Affairs: Below are the sub-topic
- International Affairs
- National Affairs
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject Geography: Below are the sub-topic
- Indian Geography
- World Geography
- Physical Geography
how to prepare for ssc cgl for the Subject Economics: Below are the sub-topic
- Indian Tax Structure
- Economic Terms
How to prepare for ssc cgl | Quantitative Aptitude
Quantitative Aptitude section is the toughest as observed in the SSC CGL previous years’ papers.
Candidate must have more focus on fast calculation. from the Arithmetic section candidates must have special attention to algebra, geometry, coordinate geometry, rigonometry
- Number System- You can start your preparation from number system since it is the most basic concept.
- Profit and Loss- To master this topic, solving sums with big values will be of great help.
- Interest- Similar to Profit and Loss, you can prepare for this section by practicing sums with big values.
How to prepare for ssc cgl Tier-1 Exam
SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier – I Exam Pattern
|Quantitative Aptitude||25||50||60 minutes (Total)|
|English Language and Comprehension||25||50||60 minutes (Total)|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes (Total)|
|General Awareness||25||50||60 minutes (Total)|
Points to remember:
- There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2019-20 Tier 1 Exam. 0.5 marks will be deducted from every question that is attempted wrong by a candidate in all the sections.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped and suffering from Cerebral Palsy.
How to prepare for SSC CGL Tier-II
SSC CGL Tier 2 – Exam Pattern
|English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
Points to Remember
- The maximum time duration to complete the test is 120 minutes
- As per the negative marking scheme, 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer only in English Language and Comprehension subject.
- For the other three papers, 0.5 marks will be deducted for evry wrong answer.
- Avoid Guesswork in the Exam.
Top 10 Best Books For how to prepare for ssc cgl
Check out the important books for SSC CGL Exam Preparation. Here are the top 10 books for all subjects included in the SSC CGL Exam.
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi||This book helps in preparing for Grammar Related questions|
|High School English Grammar & Composition||Wren & Martin||This book is very useful for answering Grammar questions and vocabulary questions|
|Lucent’s General Knowledge||Binary Karn||one of the best books for the general knowledge section where everything is explained in a simple language. It provides all the basic information about history, geography, economy, science and Indian polity.|
|General Knowledge||Arihant Publications||Helps in answering any GK question easily|
|SSC Elementary and Advanced Mathematics||Kiran Prakashan||A very useful book that includes basic concepts and explained in detail|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Varma||Know the tips & tricks to solve maths problems in this book|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S.Aggarwal||This is the best book for clarity over the basic concepts and provides all the shortcuts to solve the questions in less than a minute.|
|Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal||Explains in-depth basics and provides many practice questions|
|Analytical Reasoning||M.K.Pandey||Includes many practice questions based on non-verbal reasoning|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A.K.Gupta||Provides many tricks to solve reasoning questions|
How to prepare for ssc cgl | Tips During the Exam
- If you find any particular question difficult, make sure that you don’t waste your time trying to solve it. Instead, you should move to the next question and if time permits come back to this question later.
- One thing that is crucial is that you have to clear the sectional cut-off of each section and also the overall cut-off.
- So, if in the Exam, you find any particular section a bit challenging, attempt the minimum number of questions that are required to clear the sectional cut-off of that section.
- Sometimes, the questions can be very tricky. We advise you to read them very carefully before answering.
- In the Exam, avoid using any shortcut that you are not completely sure about.
A Video Guide for you to a better understanding for how to prepare for ssc cgl
How to prepare for ssc cgl -previous year question topic wise
Check out our Latest Sarkari Naukri
- UP Scholarship Online Form 2020 Pre and Post Matric – Apply Right Now
- Rajasthan High Court Driver Chauffeur Online Form 2020- Apply Right Now
- How to prepare for logical reasoning for CAT – 6 Months Strategies
- How to prepare for Gate Exam 2021 without coaching- A Complete Guide
- SSC CGL Result 2020 – Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Important Links
- SSC CGL Result 2020: Tier-1 Result Out- check Right Now
- How to Prepare for CAT Exam – 2020 at home- Read Right Now
- How to Prepare for IAS 2020 at Home – Read Right Now
- How to Prepare for SSC CGL 2019-20 at Home without Coaching- Click Right Now
- Uttarakhand UKSSSC Junior Assistant, Stenographer, PA Result- 2020- Check Right Now
- UP Board Class 10th, 12th Result 2020 – Check Right Now
- SBI SCO Various Post Online Form 2020-Check Right Now
- India Post Gramin Dak Sevak GDS Online Form, Result 2020 – Apply Right Now
- CSBC Bihar Police Lady Constable Online Form 2020 – Check Right Now @csbc.bih.nic.in
- Chhattisgarh CGBSE Board 10th, 12th Result 2020 – Check Right Now
- UP BEd Admission New Exam Date 2020 – Check Right Now
- Bihar BPSC 65th Mains Exam Online Form (Date Extended) 2020 – Check Right Now
- RPSC SI & Platoon Commander Interview Schedule 2020 – Check Right Now
- Allahabad High Court Review Officer RO, Computer Assistant CA Result 2020 – Check Right Now
- Haryana SSC Group D Various Post Waiting List 2020 – Check Right Now
- Delhi University DU PG Admission 2020 – Check Right Now